Registration Process

How do I join the team?

You can register your interest online using our contact form or contact us here

What are the minimum requirements to work with ezispeak?

We provide services to customers within our quality management framework – this means our interpreters and translators need to meet the same quality requirements as we do before we use their services. The following prerequisites help us maintain a consistent level of quality across our workforce.

  • You need to hold the highest level of language certification available in tested languages (i.e. NAATI for Australia-based interpreters).
  • You need to declare your taxation status for the purposes of payment of services.
  • You need to provide a current National Police Check.
  • You need to provide a current Working with Children check.
  • You need to consent to a Deed of Confidentiality, which forms part of your working agreement with us.
  • You need to maintain business insurances independently or with ezispeak™.
  • You need to clearly demonstrate that you have relevant experience working as an interpreter and in particular nominating specific sectors, as this impacts quality.
  • You need to consent to independent quality control measures undertaken by ezispeak™

More information can be found on our page about minimum eligibility 

How long does it take to register and start working?

This depends on four things:

  1. How quickly you provide a completed submission of all of your documentation.
  2. Prompt return of your signed services agreement.
  3. Having a conversation with our Workforce Quality Lead about your availability and needs.
  4. Completing your online induction with our Workforce Quality Lead about how to work with us.
What happens if I need to report an issue with a phone call or the system?

Please email and detail your concerns.

If it is a technical issue, please call 1800 796 518 follow the options for technical support.

For more information on escalation procedures, please refer to our Contractor Onboarding Pages.

I have a security clearance from another State. Do I need another one?

We will accept your interstate Police Clearance, as long as it is less than 12 months old.

I have a security clearance from applying to another agency – can I use that?

Yes if it is less than 12 months old. You need to renew your National Police Certificate every 12 months

Do we accept interpreters and translators from overseas?

The short answer is yes, we do.

We hear from many interpreters based all around the world wanting to register with us.

As you know, we are Australian owned and operated and support our local interpreters first.

In Australia, customers have the requirement to work with interpreters and translators that have been tested and certified under the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Our vision, in part, is to help create a more sustainable profession for language practitioners – with our local workforce having access to opportunities first. But don’t despair! We have clients other regions and are always looking to expand our network of language professionals.

So if you would like to register your interest, you need to be able to satisfy the following initial registration minimums:


In order to qualify for registration, you need to demonstrate that you possess appropriate interpreting certifications from your region. For example, if you’re based in the US, you would need to provide validation of your interpreting credentials from a certified language testing accreditation body.


You need to have a minimum of 3+ years of professional interpreting experience.

Engagement Framework

You must consent to be engaged as a contract interpreter by agreement, which includes applicable jurisdictional laws based on your residency and compliance with our Code of Ethics and Policies.

If you would like more information or would like to register your interest, please complete the contact form detailing the relevant information required.

I don’t live in Melbourne or Victoria. Can I still work with ezispeak?

Absolutely. Ezispeak is a national provider of on-demand language services and therefore recruits language professionals from all over the country to support its virtual workforce.

ezispeak is always actively looking for accredited and experienced Interpreters and Translators across Australia to deliver its services.

If you are based interstate and wish to join our team, please contact


Providing Feedback

What happens if I need to report an issue with a phone assignment or the system?

Please email and detail your concerns.

If it is a technical issue, please call 1800 796 518 follow the options for technical support.

Check out our page which gives you direct access to log a support ticket here

Managing Availability

How do I manage my availability?

During your induction process, you will be informed about this process. If you need more detail or would like to download the details, please go to ezispeak's dedicated social network - ezispeak@yammer or check out our Contractor Onboarding Page for OPI.

Work Load

How can I receive more work?

All of our work is allocated by the automated telephone system which uses sophisticated algorithms. There are many key variables that determine how much work interpreters can receive from ezispeak, which includes priority level, your market experience and language proficiency, as well as quality measurements. All of this should be discussed with our Workforce Quality Lead so they can work with you to assist your needs.

When am I likely to receive work and how long does the work last on average?

ezispeak runs a 24-hour/7 days a week/365 days per year service. Our clients operate in different industries, which determine demand, handling times and call patterns. Most calls will be between 8am and 6pm.

Utilities may send calls until 9:30pm on weekdays and may call on Saturdays between 8am and 4pm.

Healthcare organisations may consume services well into after-hour periods due to the nature of emergency services.

Financial Matters

Do I need to have BOTH Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurances to work with ezispeak?

No. Unless you have a business that involves clients attending on your premises or you are likely to cause property damage or personal injury, Public Liability insurance will not be necessary and you will only need Professional Indemnity insurance.

Do I need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Yes. Whether you are a contractor or a sole trader, it is assumed that you have some form of business insurance to protect yourself. If you have any issues with obtaining one or need clarifications, we can organise a time to discuss this with you.

Why do I need an ABN?

All sole traders require an ABN in Australia in order to operate as a business and must declare their business income in their tax return, even if that income is below the taxable threshold. Without an ABN, tax will be deducted from your payment so you will have to lodge a tax return anyway in order to recover the amount.

Who do I contact regarding payment inquiries?
For all queries, please contact us here

Updating Contact Info

How long will it take ezispeak to update my information?

Within 24 hours.

If the matter is urgent i.e. a change of phone number or if you are going on leave, this is completed in 24 hours. For urgent matters, we would recommend that interpreters call 1800 796 518.

You will receive an email from one of our team members with confirmation.

What is the best way to update my personal information?

We prefer you to update your contact details and financial information by emailing us here as soon as possible after the change